The Hospitality Formula Network enters 2011 with a tremendous amount of momentum. The last year resulted tremendous growth in readership. December was the strongest month of the year by far. In fact, more people visited these sites in December of 2011 than all of 2010. With this momentum comes opportunity. That is why I have […]
Tag Archives | David Hayden
In yesterday’s post, I teased a big announcement coming today. Being a man of my word, I will deliver that announcement today. Being a savvy blogger, you might have to wait an extra paragraph ot two for it. I tease these things, it is what I do. Before the big announcement, I would like to […]
Some of you might have caught my post last week about changing jobs. It is tough as a server to spread the word about such things. It is questionably ethical to let it be known to your casual regulars. Job changes generally occur with little fanfare and a maximum of two weeks’ warning. This inevitably […]
Yes, I do have it on vinyl. Hipster Rating +1 Happy Thanksgiving. Long time readers might recall me mentioning long ago a particular affection for Woody Guthrie. What you don’t know, unless you have known me for twenty years, is that it began with his son Arlo. Today, I wanted to tell you the story. […]
I wasn’t planning on writing today, but a huge thank you is in order to all of you. Yesterday my post titled “Ten Reasons Serving Is Not Like Your Job” crushed my previous best day. Huge props to Tony over at Tony’s Kansas City and Yellowcat at Do You Do That At Home for linking […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.