(Note: On Monday, I will introduce a new weekly feature to this blog called “Weekly Skills Focus.” This feature will take one previous post each week and discuss it in greater detail. The Manager’s Office will look at the post from a manager’s perspective with notes on how to teach it during the coming week’s pre-shift […]
Archive | Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips RSS feed for this section
Read any good books lately? When I sent out advanced copies of my book, I was hoping someone would say something nice about it. All of the people who had read it previously did so to edit it. Something about getting back all the previous copies covered in red ink made me wonder if it […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.