Zucker-who? Meet Matt Cutts, the man who runs the internet. I knew I shouldn’t have put my vacation on my Google calendar.Â Last week, Google announced that Google Places was being replaced with Google + Local.Â They did this because apparently the 4-6 hours of sleep I get a night was far too much for […]
Archive | Restaurant Marketing RSS feed for this section
Lately a number of the restaurant blogs that I read are talking about ways to utilize social media.Â Some are talking about how Pinterest is the next big thing (it’s not) and others are minimizing the need for social networks.Â All of these posts are presenting a very small piece of the internet marketing puzzle.Â […]
The updates have slowedÂ down again after the launch of Restaurant Marketing Plan and the restaurant marketing tools available on this new website.Â ThisÂ does not mean that I am slowing down though.Â The response toÂ the new website has been overwhelming.Â I am amazed at the number ofÂ independent restaurants who have beenÂ waiting forÂ this type of information.Â I […]
Last week Google finished their latest algorithm change known as â€œGoogle Penguin.â€ Google confirmed this as they completed a change that many of the top level search engine optimization gurus have been dreading. Overnight, the strategies used by many companies to promote websites to the top of Google search pages resulted in those sites facing […]
Restaurant Marketing Plan is the newest addition to The Hospitality Formula Network As a result of writing this network of blogs, I have the opportunity to speak to a number of restaurant owners.Â During these conversations, I often ask them about their restaurant marketing efforts and what is working for them.Â This is often accompanied […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.