“Did you hear what happened at Jardines?” Apparently that question has been asked a great deal lately.Â Yesterday’s post about what happens when the owner of aÂ local landmark fires her entire staff has smashed all of myÂ records for views of a single post in a day.Â This is a story that you should read if […]
Archive | Kansas City RSS feed for this section
I am just returning from a great working vacation and visit to my favorite Columbia, MO dentist.Â While I was gone I began getting messages asking what I knew about a landmark Kansas City jazz club closing.Â When I returned I faced more questions.Â Today, I am trying to answer some of those questions andÂ shed […]
In yesterday’s post, I teased a big announcement coming today.Â Being a man of my word, I will deliver that announcement today.Â Being a savvy blogger, you might have to wait an extra paragraph ot two for it.Â I tease these things, it is what I do. Before the big announcement, I would like to […]
I recently went to a restaurant named Mestizo that just opened in a swanky shopping district in Kansas City.Â I think my experience could best be summed up by the comment I posted on a story about the restaurant on the local food/restaurant blog. â€œI visited Aaron Sanchez presents Aaron Sanchez’s Mestizo by Aaron Sanchez […]
Yesterday, I took a moment to give thanks to a number of people in the Kansas City restaurant community I am incredibly grateful for. Today, I feel there is an issue in this community that I can no longer ignore. Last week we suffered a tremendous loss as a community when one of our brightest […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.