I suppose there are two ways you could look at this post. The first would be that I am working hard to build anticipation for the top of the countdown the way reality shows and compilation lists do. The other is that I didn’t do the math very well and failed to realize that starting […]
Archive | About the blog RSS feed for this section
(A link for those who missed the epic NAS reference in the title) If I am going to be honest, I will admit that I have an awful sense of humor. I love one liners and bad puns. One of the easiest ways to know that I was your server is that I will drop […]
It is the season of “The Year End Countdown.” Just as those in the media begin to phone it in during the waning month of December, I have decided to do the same. The fact of the matter is that most of the casual readers of this blog have not read most of the nearly 200 posts I wrote […]
When I explain to people that I am a blogger, they often think that I have some sort of online diary. I do often introduce topics by relating a personal story, but I try not to write about myself and my life. Every few months I make an exception and this is going to be […]
I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor Day Weekend. When I wasn’t manning the grill, I was in front of the keyboard working on some great content for this week. I am kicking it off by posting the newly updated index to The Manager’s Office. I changed the layout and updated it with recent posts […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.