There are times in life when no response seems adequate. When through fate and circumstance you have been placed in a situation so absurd that you have no idea how to respond. At these moment’s I usually turn to my best friend to make sense of the situation. In true Deadhead form he usually responds […]
Archive | A Little Humor RSS feed for this section
Did you know that you can turn your printer in to a money making machine? Simply buy a groupon and print out 100 copies (keep reading until the end of the post to find out the secret to make this work). You can use the groupon you paid for once over and over at the […]
My girlfriend told me the other day that since I was a published author I should not worry so much about being accessible to my fans. I told her that since they both had my cell phone number it shouldn’t be an issue. No worries about be going all JD Salinger on you. I still […]
Some of my favorite restaurants do not even exist. These are the places that serve as hangouts for television characters I’ve tuned in to watch every week. They create the atmosphere for some of television’s greatest moments and become a real part of our memories. Apart from a random trivia question, many of these restaurants […]
Recently, one of my favorite blogs wrote a story about the Groupon Apocalypse. This is the week before all of the groupons that have been sold for a restaurant expire. Suddenly all of the guests who bought these six months prior feel the urgent need to use them immediately. I have heard plenty of horror […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.