This post started out as a light hearted attempt to walk down memory lane by posting classic commercials from Pabst. The resurgence of the Pabst Blue Ribbon brand will go down in the annals of marketing history. A dying brand was resurrected by a generation of people who were not born when it was last […]
Archive | A Little Humor RSS feed for this section
Oh Eatocracy, why do you make me like you only disappoint me so? You publish wonderful content and then you turn around and post the self-important whining of your editors just to make my head explode. You are like the lover who makes me feel so special before calling me by someone elseâ€™s name. Just […]
For the last few weeks I have been searching for the best restaurant humor sites on the web.Â These will populate the new Restaurant Laughs blogroll on the right side of the page.Â These sites represent a cross section of the online humor sites that deal with food, restaurants, and serving.Â This list is in […]
It is time for a return of one of the most popular features on this blog. We all have funny thoughts throughout the course of our shifts. Iâ€™ve started writing mine down. Occassionally I share them. They have no cohesive theme or timeline. A server thought of them. That makes them random thoughts from a […]
As servers, we often encounter complaints that are not fully thought out. Whether it is that the dining room is too hot or the prices are too high.Â In many of these circumstances, we have nothing to do with the cause of the complaint.Â Usually, these are things that we would agree with the guest […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.