If we are going to be honest with ourselves, not ever restaurant server is cut out for every restaurant serving job. There is a dance that has to be done to find the right job for the right person. It is not that the job or the server are bad. They might just not be […]
About David HaydenRestaurant industry professional helping small restaurants with their training, operations, and marketing needs. Author of Tips2: Tips For Increasing Your Tips and Building Your Brand With Facebook. You can also visit my other websites and blogs at: http://www.tips2book.com http://www.restaurant-marketing-plan.com http://www.themanagersoffice.com http://www.tipssquared.com http://www.foodieknowledge.com http://www.restaurantlaughs.com http://www.tipsfortips.wordpress.com
Author Archive | David Hayden
Restaurant marketing with Facebook is something most every restaurant has tried. Very soon this could vanish for restaurant owners who are in violation of the Facebook Terms of Service (ToS). Hundreds or thousands of fans could vanish overnight along with all or the correspondences, pictures, and other content contained on their Facebook pages. It is […]
Hopefully you are aware of the book I released as a great supplement to the average restaurant server training manual. Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips was released just over a year ago. Sales are still strong and I have received a number of great reviews both online and through email. At the time the book […]
This month’s free report at Restaurant Marketing Plan covers in depth the best practices to utilize Google+ Local for Restaurants. This is an incredibly powerful tool for independent restaurants and I want to make sure that all of the restaurant owners and managers that read this blog are recieving the most up to date information […]
As I wrap up my series on hiring restaurant servers in an improving economy, I wanted to address the need for speed and decisiveness in the hiring process. Too many restaurants have become accustomed to the luxury of being able to conduct 2-3 interviews with candidates before making a job offer. These same restaurants are […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.