Tag Archives | Server
The Hospitality Formula Network enters 2011 with a tremendous amount of momentum. The last year resulted tremendous growth in readership. December was the strongest month of the year by far. In fact, more people visited these sites in December of 2011 than all of 2010. With this momentum comes opportunity. That is why I have […]
I wanted to take a moment to thank you personally for visiting this site after seeing the segment on the midday show.Â It was a privilage to be asked to appear to discuss my book.Â I do feel that this book is a valuable tool for those in the service industry, and particuarly those in […]
Some of you might have caught my post last week about changing jobs.Â It is tough as a server to spread the word about such things.Â It is questionably ethical to let it be known to your casual regulars.Â Job changes generally occur with little fanfare and a maximum of two weeksâ€™ warning.Â This inevitably […]
Another week has come and gone.Â That means it is Saturday and time to count down this weekâ€™s strangest restaurant stories.Â This week is a little more special than most because I am writing up this list 35 years to the day after my Mother struggled through giving birth to me.Â I was already pretty […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.