Tag Archives | Restaurant
The Hospitality Formula Network enters 2011 with a tremendous amount of momentum. The last year resulted tremendous growth in readership. December was the strongest month of the year by far. In fact, more people visited these sites in December of 2011 than all of 2010. With this momentum comes opportunity. That is why I have […]
I’m not sure which stage of grief this post was written in. It has a bit of bargaining and a bit of anger. I have noticed that as I get older, situations like this bring up more emotions. There is an element of repressed grief, but also regret that I didn’t speak out in the past. […]
One of the most undertrained, undersupported, and undersupported positions in a restaurant in the front door professional who greets your guests. This often results in the rest of your staff being overworked, overstressed, and overwhelmed. Your guests in turn are unsympathetic, unappreciated, and often unsatisfied. Today, I am discussing steps that managers can take to […]
I wanted to take a moment to thank you personally for visiting this site after seeing the segment on the midday show. It was a privilage to be asked to appear to discuss my book. I do feel that this book is a valuable tool for those in the service industry, and particuarly those in […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.