I am still incredibly grateful for my recent guest post on tipping.Â It inspired my response that discussed the economics of tipping.Â It also raised a few other interesting points that I am now learning are common misconceptions about restaurants.Â For people who have never worked in a restaurant, these misconceptions can easily be mistaken […]
Tag Archives | Restaurant Guests
I still occasionally get the guest who will say, â€œI can buy this wine for half this price at the store.â€Â Which is true, but it doesnâ€™t come with a staff to serve it and a crew of chefs ready to cook you an incredible meal from a fully stocked kitchen.Â I wonder if the […]
If you missed the quiz portion, go back and check it out.Â If you are coming from the quiz, welcome.Â Please pass your tests to the left to grade.Â We are working on the honor system here folks.Â No cheating. Read the full post at Restaurant Laughs
(Note: I am enjoying the final day of my mini vacation.Â Having a great trip.Â Met my favorite musician and a personal hero yesterday.Â Today I will be taking the scenic drive through the Ozark hills of Central Missouri.Â This is a post I wroteÂ a coupleÂ months ago.Â Not my standard fare, but I hope you […]
I am a Mac guy.Â This means only the occasional interruption for updates from Microsoft.Â These are most often for Word for Macs.Â Yet in none of these updates have they added to my spell check dictionary words like â€œBarack Obama, Al Qaeda, or Facebook.â€Â If they do implement this change they can use this […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.