When I explain to people that I am a blogger, they often think that I have some sort of online diary.Â I do often introduce topics by relating a personal story, but I try not to write about myself and my life.Â Every few months I make an exception and this is going to be […]
Tag Archives | best of KC
I wasnâ€™t planning on writing today, but a huge thank you is in order to all of you.Â Yesterday my post titled â€œTen Reasons Serving Is Not Like Your Jobâ€ crushed my previous best day.Â Huge props to Tony over at Tonyâ€™s Kansas City and Yellowcat at Do You Do That At Home for linking […]
I had lunch today with my friends Emma and Senor Esparza. Â They ate at Justus Drugstore last night. Â Justus is on the outermost outskirts of what could be considered Kansas City. Â In the few years that it has been open it has developed a reputation of being well worth the drive. Â I personally have never […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.