This is “The Mixologist Post”. You see there are certain posts I have written on this blog that still get mentioned when I talk to people in person. The post about dating co-workers made it painful the next day at work when all the members of couples would no longer speak to me. The Jardines […]
If we are going to be honest with ourselves, not ever restaurant server is cut out for every restaurant serving job. There is a dance that has to be done to find the right job for the right person. It is not that the job or the server are bad. They might just not be […]
Restaurant marketing with Facebook is something most every restaurant has tried.Â Very soon this could vanish for restaurant owners who are in violation of the Facebook Terms of Service (ToS).Â Hundreds or thousands of fans could vanish overnight along with all or the correspondences, pictures, and other content contained on their Facebook pages.Â It is […]
Hopefully you are aware of the book I released as a great supplement to the average restaurant server training manual.Â Â Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips was released just over a year ago.Â Sales are still strong and I have received a number of great reviews both online and through email.Â At the time the book […]
This month’s free report at Restaurant Marketing Plan covers in depth the best practices to utilize Google+ Local for Restaurants.Â This is an incredibly powerful tool for independent restaurants and I want to make sure that all of the restaurant owners and managers that read this blog are recieving the most up to date information […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.