Dear blog owner and visitors, This blog had been infected to serve up Gootloader malware to Google search victims, via a common tactic known as SEO (Search Engine Optimization) poisioning. Your blog was serving up 381 malicious pages. Your blogged served up malware to 304 visitors. I tried my best to clean up the infection, […]
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, a large number of people are considering proposing at a restaurant. Â Congratulations on finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Â Now it is time for a little strategy session to make sure it is successful. Â Good thing you have me in your corner. Â I […]
If we are going to be honest with ourselves, not ever restaurant server is cut out for every restaurant serving job. There is a dance that has to be done to find the right job for the right person. It is not that the job or the server are bad. They might just not be […]
One of the most common frustrations guests have with restaurants is waiting to be seated when they can seeÂ empty tables.Â Restaurants have a great deal of incentive to not have tables sit empty.Â An empty tableÂ doesÂ not make any money for a restaurant.Â Â An overloaded staff actually costs the restaurant money.Â It is a ballancing act and […]
Hiring highly qualified restaurant servers has become more difficult with the economic recovery taking hold.Â More restaurants are opening and fewer are closing.Â More guests are dining at existing restaurants and moreÂ servers are needed to take care of them.Â Other segments of theÂ economy are strengtheningÂ as well.Â This means that servers who wereÂ “riding out the recession” […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.