With Valentine’s Day quickly approaching, a large number of people are considering proposing at a restaurant. Congratulations on finding the person you want to spend the rest of your life with. Now it is time for a little strategy session to make sure it is successful. Good thing you have me in your corner. I […]
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
If we are going to be honest with ourselves, not ever restaurant server is cut out for every restaurant serving job. There is a dance that has to be done to find the right job for the right person. It is not that the job or the server are bad. They might just not be […]
One of the most common frustrations guests have with restaurants is waiting to be seated when they can see empty tables. Restaurants have a great deal of incentive to not have tables sit empty. An empty table does not make any money for a restaurant. An overloaded staff actually costs the restaurant money. It is a ballancing act and […]
Hiring highly qualified restaurant servers has become more difficult with the economic recovery taking hold. More restaurants are opening and fewer are closing. More guests are dining at existing restaurants and more servers are needed to take care of them. Other segments of the economy are strengthening as well. This means that servers who were “riding out the recession” […]
The last few weeks have not seen a great number of posts on The Hospitality Formula Network. This by no means is an indicator that I haven’t been working on providing you with content to help you succeed in the restaurant industry. Instead, most of these efforts have been aimed at major projects. This […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.