Best Restaurant Blogs is the newest addition to The Hospitality Formula Network. This site differs from all of the other sites in the network in a few important ways. The biggest difference is that I am not the author of the site. This is because the content of this website is determined by the readers. […]
Archive | Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips RSS feed for this section
Hopefully you are aware of the book I released as a great supplement to the average restaurant server training manual. Tips2: Tips For Improving Your Tips was released just over a year ago. Sales are still strong and I have received a number of great reviews both online and through email. At the time the book […]
I am continuing preview week with a peek at the upcoming focus on server training and more specifically server training manuals. I recently created, narrated, and released a video discussing my beliefs here. They can be summarized fairly simply: most restaurant server training manuals are written with the assumption that both the server and guest are […]
I gave into exhaustion last night and went to sleep when the clock still read PM. This in turn had me awake earlier than normal. I grabbed my laptop and started writing before the coffee kicked in. This lead to a post that will have to be taken down in the next month or so. […]
The skill focus this week is about how servers can improve rapport and increase their tips by being more than just another generic server. No one wants to have a robotic server who feels that they are working from a script. It is the antithesis of hospitality and will leave guests unimpressed. This week I […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.