The media has been frantically reporting the 2014 IRS ban on automatic gratuities in restaurants with the start of 2014.Â I have been quoted in articles in newspapers around the country on this issue and have been covering it for over a year.Â I have made the same plea to every reporter who contacted […]
About David HaydenRestaurant industry professional helping small restaurants with their training, operations, and marketing needs. Author of Tips2: Tips For Increasing Your Tips and Building Your Brand With Facebook. You can also visit my other websites and blogs at: http://www.tips2book.com http://www.restaurant-marketing-plan.com http://www.themanagersoffice.com http://www.tipssquared.com http://www.foodieknowledge.com http://www.restaurantlaughs.com http://www.tipsfortips.wordpress.com
Author Archive |
Best Restaurant Blogs is the newest addition to The Hospitality Formula Network. Â This site differs from all of the other sites in the network in a few important ways. Â The biggest difference is that I am not the author of the site. Â This is because the content of this website is determined by the readers. […]
Update: I have added further clarification in the IRS rules effecting automatic gratuities in restaurants and clearly making the case that the IRS did NOT ban automatic gratuities. The IRS issued a ruling last year that went into effect January 1st regarding taxes paid on automatic gratuitiesÂ added to the bill of large parties.Â The ruling […]
There are no shortages of posts on this network calling out hit pieces on restaurants, but last weekâ€™s 20/20 episode set a new low. They used an expert who hasnâ€™t worked in the industry since the 90â€™s to provide the shocking â€œnew revelations.â€ They pulled out Willie Degel to provide them with insight on every […]
Last week’s post about Darden and restaurant server health insurance led to many interesting conversations this week. In perusing different sites the article was shared on, I noticed a strong undertone of hostility towards the idea that employers should provide health insurance. In other cases people were upset at the notion of the government subsidizing […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.