Last nights’s tragic events at JJ’s Restaurant in Kansas City were a tough blow for the entire restaurant industry. Around the country people stopped to think, “That could have been my restaurant.” or “That could have been me.” These sorts of events hit home for so many of us who never think about the dangers […]
Archive | Kansas City RSS feed for this section
Another year has passed and it is time for my annual list of Kansas City’s best restaurants, attractions, personalities, and businesses. This list always coincides with The Pitch’s “Best of Kansas City” awards voting. This year I have a few changes from the previous years. I tried to broaden the list this year to include […]
This month’s free report at Restaurant Marketing Plan covers in depth the best practices to utilize Google+ Local for Restaurants. This is an incredibly powerful tool for independent restaurants and I want to make sure that all of the restaurant owners and managers that read this blog are recieving the most up to date information […]
Friday will mark the beginning of Kansas City Restaurant Week 2012. While I recognize that most of my regular readers are not from my home town, I do want to ask forgiveness for a week as I discuss some of my favorite Kansas City restaurants on my original blog. Even if you are not from […]
A Merry Christmas to all who celebrate this day. A happy fifth day of Haunakkah to those in a tribe. A wonderful Sunday to everyone else. I can’t think of a better day to talk about hospitality than today. Well actually I am writing this on Wednesday because I fully intend to be pre-occupied with opening presents […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.