In response to yesterday’s post, I received a comment asking why I had so much hostility towards online review sites like Yelp. This is a perfectly fair and reasonable question. It also came as I was reviewing lists of topics deciding what to write about today. I try to keep this blog very comment driven. In […]
Archive | Foodies RSS feed for this section
While 2011 wasn’t always kind to Groupon, there is no question the impact that if has had on the industry. It has become a polarizing topic in the industry that often leaves restaurant owners at odds with their guests. Very few restaurant owners avoided at least considering making a deal with the discounting giant. Many […]
Foodie Knowledge is my most curious blog. It is a blend of information about food, recipes for food, and knowledge that will help you be a more informed consumer. In short is a place where I post my ramblings about the industry that are not exclusively for people in the industry. This post explained why […]
“Did you hear what happened at Jardines?” Apparently that question has been asked a great deal lately. Yesterday’s post about what happens when the owner of a local landmark fires her entire staff has smashed all of my records for views of a single post in a day. This is a story that you should read if […]
I recently went to a restaurant named Mestizo that just opened in a swanky shopping district in Kansas City. I think my experience could best be summed up by the comment I posted on a story about the restaurant on the local food/restaurant blog. “I visited Aaron Sanchez presents Aaron Sanchez’s Mestizo by Aaron Sanchez […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.