How about a quick game of FoodieÂ Trivia?Â One of the things I have been working on over the last month is a way to create more interaction on this site.Â I personally love trivia games and the online gambling you get info about those inÂ https://asian-football.comÂ and thought that some of you might as well.Â […]
Archive | Foodies RSS feed for this section
I was watching a restaurant review show recently where they discussed a Kansas City Steakhouse that I have written about a great deal lately.Â One of the reviewers said something very interesting.Â She stated, “For the prices I was paying I felt like I should have my own server.”Â I found this statement very interesting.Â […]
My posts have been sporadic lately as I have been wrapping up a number of side projects that I hope to reveal soon.Â Today, I am pleased to unveil the first of these projects.Â Recently,Â I was approached about building a restaurant website.Â This was an odd request because in the past I have written a […]
In the first installment of my series regarding restaurant prices, I discussed the additional costs restaurants must pay for food.Â This might have been eye-opening to those outside of the industry who assumed that restaurants paid less for food simply because they purchased in volume.Â This alone would hardly justify the mark up seen […]
Today I am introducing a series for FoodieÂ Knowledge that I think will be very popular among those not in the restaurant industry.Â I often receiveÂ search engine traffic from those wanting to know why the food in restaurants is so expensive.Â Today at Foodie Knowledge, I am introducing a series that will shed some light on […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.