I try not to self-indulgently pat myself on the back too often, but damn it I have written 100 of these posts.Â It is time for a little self-indulgent tripe.Â I wanted to take this opportunity to make some announcements regarding this blog, thank some great people who have helped me along the way, and […]
About David HaydenRestaurant industry professional helping small restaurants with their training, operations, and marketing needs. Author of Tips2: Tips For Increasing Your Tips and Building Your Brand With Facebook. You can also visit my other websites and blogs at: http://www.tips2book.com http://www.restaurant-marketing-plan.com http://www.themanagersoffice.com http://www.tipssquared.com http://www.foodieknowledge.com http://www.restaurantlaughs.com http://www.tipsfortips.wordpress.com
Author Archive |
Being less than a week away from my 100th post has left me some time to think about how I want to recognize that milestone.Â I thought about a grand countdown.Â I thoughtÂ about an retrospective on all of the changes I have seen in the restaurant business in my years.Â I had an idea […]
In television they call them clip shows.Â Instead of producing a new show, they edit together clips of old shows to create the illusion of a new episode.Â So I am right about at the two month mark on this blog.Â I could dishonestly say that this post is a clip show.Â In reality I […]
For those of you who missed it, this blog was written up in the local alternative weekly paper.Â If you want to check out the story (or just find a really cheesy waiter pic of me), click here.Â I do feel it necessary to point out that I am far more humble than the article […]
If you are taking the time to read this blog, a word of introduction may be in order. I took my first job waiting tables in 1995. In the years since I have worked for 13 different restaurant companies selling nearly every type of food in nearly every type of setting. I have been trained […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.