Today I am incredibly proud to make an announcement that has been in the works for over six months. Every site on The Hospitality Formula Network is now fully optimized for all screen sizes. This means that weather you are reading this on a mobile phone, tablet, laptop, or even your television; it should be […]
Archive | About the blog RSS feed for this section
It has been a while since this site has been updated. In fact it was the longest pause since the network was started. Let me start out by assuring you that the site is going to be around for quite some time. The pause had nothing to do with a lack of writing, but rather […]
How about a quick game of Foodie Trivia? One of the things I have been working on over the last month is a way to create more interaction on this site. I personally love trivia games and thought that some of you might as well. So I combed the posts on Foodie Knowledge to come up […]
If you have spent any time surfing the web today (if this is your first stop I am truly flattered), you have seen the outpouring of opposition to SOPA on various websites. I support this movement and encourage you to visit Google or Wikipedia if you would like to find out more. I do not […]
The Hospitality Formula Network enters 2011 with a tremendous amount of momentum. The last year resulted tremendous growth in readership. December was the strongest month of the year by far. In fact, more people visited these sites in December of 2011 than all of 2010. With this momentum comes opportunity. That is why I have […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.