This is “The Mixologist Post”. You see there are certain posts I have written on this blog that still get mentioned when I talk to people in person. The post about dating co-workers made it painful the next day at work when all the members of couples would no longer speak to me. The Jardines […]
About David HaydenRestaurant industry professional helping small restaurants with their training, operations, and marketing needs. Author of Tips2: Tips For Increasing Your Tips and Building Your Brand With Facebook. You can also visit my other websites and blogs at: http://www.tips2book.com http://www.restaurant-marketing-plan.com http://www.themanagersoffice.com http://www.tipssquared.com http://www.foodieknowledge.com http://www.restaurantlaughs.com http://www.tipsfortips.wordpress.com
Author Archive |
Those of you who have been fans of this network of blogs since the beginning (and a sincere thank you to both of you) might remember a blog I own called Restaurant Laughs.Â Even though I try to keep the other blogs serious and informative, I do enjoy cracking jokes.Â These jokes landed on Restaurant […]
The “Random Thoughts From A Server” series began as a series of lines I scribbled on a piece of paper while I waited for some campers to leave.Â I kept this piece of paper in my pocket and would scribble down lines from time to time.Â When I decided to type them up, the floodgates […]
(A link for those who missed the epic NAS reference in the title) If I am going to be honest, I will admit that I have an awful sense of humor.Â I love one liners and bad puns.Â One of the easiest ways to know that I was your server is that I will drop […]
I am starting off this countdown with a topic near and dear to my heart.Â There are a great number of cautionary tales out there about servers starting a blog.Â This is why most blogging servers choose to remain anonymous.Â “Sauce” was a little different.Â She was very open and positive about her restaurant.Â This […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- Gootloader infection cleaned up February 27, 2022
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.