When I released Building Your Brand with Facebook in March of this year I was anticipating a collective freakout on the part of restaurant owners. As I would discuss Facebook marketing with restaurant owners, they would confidently tell me how strong their fan page was with thousands of fans. When I replied by asking them […]
About David HaydenRestaurant industry professional helping small restaurants with their training, operations, and marketing needs. Author of Tips2: Tips For Increasing Your Tips and Building Your Brand With Facebook. You can also visit my other websites and blogs at: http://www.tips2book.com http://www.restaurant-marketing-plan.com http://www.themanagersoffice.com http://www.tipssquared.com http://www.foodieknowledge.com http://www.restaurantlaughs.com http://www.tipsfortips.wordpress.com
Author Archive | David Hayden
I promised a very important post on Friday and today I am delivering with my thoughts on the disappointing leadership displayed by Darden Restaurants. Their recent decision to publicly announce cutting hours of employees in four test markets to avoid the costs of providing health insurance is deplorable. To make such a public announcement over […]
It has been a while since this site has been updated. In fact it was the longest pause since the network was started. Let me start out by assuring you that the site is going to be around for quite some time. The pause had nothing to do with a lack of writing, but rather […]
Another year has passed and it is time for my annual list of Kansas City’s best restaurants, attractions, personalities, and businesses. This list always coincides with The Pitch’s “Best of Kansas City” awards voting. This year I have a few changes from the previous years. I tried to broaden the list this year to include […]
This is “The Mixologist Post”. You see there are certain posts I have written on this blog that still get mentioned when I talk to people in person. The post about dating co-workers made it painful the next day at work when all the members of couples would no longer speak to me. The Jardines […]
- The Greatest Customer Complaint Response Ever September 23, 2010
- Why Not To Date Co-Workers August 14, 2010
- Serving Sober October 14, 2010
- My Response: 25 Things Chefs Never Tell You September 16, 2010
- My New Blogroll February 4, 2011
- The IRS Did Not Ban Automatic Gratuities January 1, 2014
- Introducing Best Restaurant Blogs April 15, 2013
- JJ’s February 20, 2013
- Tips For Proposing At A Restaurant February 12, 2013
- Do I Have To Tip? January 21, 2013
- Abel Perez: I am a server and this helped me alot. Thank you...
- MikeQ: Great industry stories, David. You wear so many h...
- MikeQ: What a lucky day it was when I found your blogs, D...
- MikeQ: Damn, David ... your new design makes The Majestic...
- David: That is a good idea I hadn't thought of. I am no...
Search by Topic
About The Author
David Hayden was born and raised in Kansas City, Missouri. He took his first serving job in 1996. Since that time, he has worked for over a dozen different restaurant companies. He has held both hourly and salaried positions at independent and corporate restaurants. He has waited on over 100,000 guests and trained hundreds of servers. He has been named "Best Server in Kansas City" the last three years by the local weekly paper.